6.23.2010

GET OFF MY LAWN



Get Off My Lawn is a 48-page photo-zine, edited and published by Geoffrey Ellis. The zine features the work of eleven photographers who are 34 years and older. Get Off My Lawn is a tongue-in-cheek response to the calls for entry, contests and publications that require “emerging photographers” to be somewhere between the ages of 18 and 34.

The zine showcases photographers who are working just as hard as those in the 18-34 range to produce great work.

We can no longer be in your club, but soon enough, you'll be in ours…

Zine Release Party:
July 1, 2010 | Casanova Lounge, SF | 6-9pm

with DJs Utrillo and Forest Love
(RSVP here)

The first edition of 222 hand-numbered copies, with 11 different covers will be available July 1, 2010 at the release party, select stores, and online at sadkids.com and geoffreyellis.com (10 bucks each!)

Contributors:
Noah Beil
Geoffrey Ellis
Grant Ernhart
Alan W George
Liz Kuball
Sarah Lacy
Ian Lemmonds
Jennifer Loeber
Dalton Rooney
Andrew Martin Scott
Justin Visnesky

23 comments:

Woody said...

HALLELUJAH! I'm a late bloomer (34, started shooting two years ago) myself and love this.

Mike Peters said...

Very cool idea, especially with the different covers. Thanks for coming up with something for us geezers. Hopefully we won't be submerging any time soon!

avs said...

awesome.

Anonymous said...

Which stores did you select?

sadkids said...

Depending on how many are left I will probably have them at Needles and Pens in SF and Reading Frenzy in Portland. Know of any other places to sell zines?

Woody said...

So how do I order one?

sadkids said...

They'll be for sale online (here) on Friday morning.

Fraction Magazine said...

I just got mine and it's awesome

"NOFUTUREFACE" said...

awesome idea! im 35 and I can definitely relate to this. you cant who says you cant be an emerging artist in your 30's? thanks for this, im a fan!

Ron said...

Just ordered one. Great idea! So what were the runner ups? "Pull my finger" or "You look like a schmo"?

Merel Zwart said...

Great initiative! Being an emerging artist or young talent has nothing to do with physical age. Doesn't life begin at 40?! ;-)

will said...

I also got stuck behind the curve, thanks for giving fellow slow starters some coverage.

trey kazee said...

i'll add another "awesome" to avose's.

hellodeer said...

WOW. i am very sad to have missed this event. i hope there are still copies available.

D. Saunders said...

Hi, how do I order one? I don't see a link or it's not clear to me . . .

Christine said...

That is so awesome! YES!

JLGPHOTO.COM said...

Very clever, funny, timely, creative, buzz-worthy project.
Bravo.
35 is the new 25.

Connie Kurtew said...

great idea!!!

Kram Namloc said...

Great idea, but you forgot this guy: http://markcolman.com

sadkids said...

Thanks for all the comments! It's almost sold out.

vicky slater said...

only just heard about this..what a great idea!
have i completely missed the boat in picking up a copy?

sadkids said...

Aw, sorry Vicky, it's totally sold out! Thanks for checking though.

Andrew Grote said...

AAWWHH, I Missed the boat as well. I'm over 34 and working on my undergrad in Photo at MassArt and Design. If you do this again would love to get a copy, I'll pay for it haha. Anyway great job.

Andrew